Sunday, October 23, 2005

Weekend Wrap-Up

Crazy Fun Weekend...

Friday I got an interview (I seriously screamed and jumped around for 20 minutes since I have a really good feeling about it). I took my new suits to get the sleeves shortened and then I went and bought a new shell (ok I bought 2) to wear under the grey suit I'm going to wear to the interview Wednesday. I got a red one and a dark fuchsia one (super cute).

Sadly, I realized, I can't tell the story about how I ended up coming home in a police car on Friday. I can tell you that I furthered that whole "cops hating lawyers" thing by refusing to take a breathalizer and telling the cop who was trying to give me one that he was just trying to trick me so he could give me a drunk and disorderly citation (and trust me-I did so ever so nicely). Once he explained that I wasn't getting a ride home unless I took said breathalizer I obliged (and blew a PRETTY high BAC-despite my claims of having had only one glass of wine).

So, I was driven home by a cute young officer. I knocked on the glass and made him open it so I could harass him and tell him that I was the most exciting run he was going to have all night (he argued that I would be the most boring-but I knew better) since I was positive that nothing exciting ever happens in the afluent suburb I call home.

Saturday, the gay husband and I went shopping...I did a TON Of damage (pictured below-along with my green shag carpet-Did I mention my room hasn't been re-carpeted since the 1970's?).




As you can see I got:

  1. A FABULOUS pair of black pumps from Aldo
  2. A light pink scarf with glittery strands
  3. A scarf with really cool yarn loops at the end and matching convertible mittens (so my hands don't freeze in class)
  4. A new Until There's a Cure bracelet
  5. A keychain with my initial on it (not pictured)
  6. Leather Protectant from Aldo (not pictured)
  7. Body Scrub, Intensive Conditioner, Lip Gloss, Concealer, and 2 colors of Eyeshadow Base from Origins-Origins also gave me tons of free samples!

I still haven't gotten over the tragic footwear situation that occured before I bought the ones that I did (actually I was going to get both pairs). The other ones were also from Aldo; black with a pointed toe, 3'' stilletto heel, a strap over the top of the foot which buttoned with a pink button and PINK piping (which perfectly matched my "Legally Blonde" suit). The real kicker was that they were on sale for $20. Apparently some large footed wench returned them (they only had size 11-a real problem since I wear a 7 1/2)...They were part of the fall 2003 collection-but they were amazing.

Saturday night I celebrated a 21st birthday of a good friend and I might have actually had a higher BAC then what I blew on Friday night.

Today I revised my resume, attempted to get some reading done, took a nap, re-organized my shoes, and cleaned out my closet.

All things considered-an awesome weekend. Let's just hope I get this job so I can afford all the stuff I just bought.

No comments: