Thursday, November 10, 2005

"Doctor, Doctor, Give me the News, I've got a Bad Case of Lovin' You"

Well, My Doctor's appointment that my mom insisted on was worse then expected.

I got scolded by the 4th year med student and the Doctor about my work/school/sleep habits (or lack there of). As if my mother hadn't already berated me on the same grounds. My doctor gave me a prescription and told me "it probably won't help", of course I inquired why he was giving it to me then and he replied:

Well, this way if you feel better it was just some kind of infection, let's hope it's that (notice how he has no idea what it could be). I'm 99% sure you have mono based on your temperature, lymphnodes, tiredness, and the fact that you're peeing blood (sorry for sharing that one dearest readers); but if I do the blood test I'm going to have to order you to stay home from work and school and I know you won't do that; so if you get really sick come back here, give us a call, or go to an emergency room.

As I walked out the door he added "ohh and no alcoholic beverages." Great, how am I supposed to "cope" with "my life" now?

I slept all afternoon, with the exception of when my mom dropped off my Prescription (I know that makes me seem like a whiney baby that my mom went out of her way on her way home from work, however, in my own defense-she did it on her own, I didn't even ask her-In fact, I have no idea how she found out where I had dropped off my Prescription at on my way home from the doctors). She told me I need to stay home from work tomorrow and I mumbled something about her "being crazy" and that "I was going to get up and clean my room in a few minutes" and "I'm going into work tomorrow no matter what you say" (I repeated this one like 5 times as I passed back out...So basically, I sounded a little nuts.

I don't see how I can tell my boss I can't come in because I have mono (or some weird infection) when I'm just finishing up my 2nd week of work. I guess I'll suck it up tomorrow and if it gets really bad I'll just fake a nervous breakdown or something.

UPDATE: I realized all that whining I did about being tired wasn't me being "whiney" but was rather me coming down with mono.

No comments: