Tuesday, November 8, 2005

Watch me take this on down the road...

Today I found out there is an einstein brothers bagel within walking distance (a mile) of campus. Back in undergrad I used to be obsessed with their Tasty Turkey sandwich, I would go there at least once a week and get one. So naturally, when I heard there was one I decided I would go and grab a Tasty Turkey, I convinced a friend to come along and we were on our way.

I order my sandwich and everything was going well, and then I went to pay. Apparently they do not take charge. I was distressed since I couldn't find my student ID and didn't want to ask my guy friend to pay. I cancelled my order and we walked back to school. After con law I dug into my purse to find something and low and behold, my student ID. I check the einstein brothers website, it says they are open until 6pm. I decide, "what the heck, you've got nothing to do" so I walk back.

I get within 30 feet and realize they are in fact closed, I walk up the door and the sign says they close at 3pm. Now, I am boycotting einstein brothers for putting false information on their website and not taking credit cards.

I decide then think "Hey Starbucks is open, even though you've already had 3 shots of espresso today what's 3 more...That's almost like food." I walk in, and there is a line 30 people long. Needless to say, I did not have the patience to wait.

On my walk back some random guy standing with a group of friends starts hitting on me and asking for my number. First of all, this pissed me off since I'm wearing a sweatshirt and look like hell today. Second, I just do not like to be bothered. I looked at him and in a rare moment for me responded in a whitty manner.

I'm a full time law student who also works 30 hours a week. I don't have time for some guys Bullshit and I refuse to be dicked around as it is a waste of valuable time. If you want to take me on a proper date you can call me and we will talk and I will consider it. I would also like to inform you in advance, in the interest of not wasting valuable time, that I am: High Maintenance, Whiney, and am sick of asshole guys who dick me around. If any of this sounds interesting to you, you're welcome to my phone number; however, I highly doubt it does-so I will be walking away now.

Shockingly, he did not want my phone number.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm new to your blog, but I just had to say that's about the awesomest thing I've ever heard. :) I hate it when guys think they're all smooth and can just interrupt your life.

Anyway. Nice work!