Monday, December 12, 2005

"I want to be your crystal baller, I want to show you how it ends."

30 Years from now when I'm living on the streets because I was unable to pay back all the debt I incurred attending undergrad and law school, undoubtably I'll run into one of my former classmates. Below is a rough approximation of the conversation that will ensue:

Elle Woods: [So and So]? I went to Law School with you! Remember me? I'm [Elle Woods]!

Random Lawyer: [Elle]! What happened? Heroin? Crack?

Elle Woods: No man, AIM and Blogging.

Random Lawyer: Ohh. Well, that's too bad.

Elle Woods: Yeah, I suppose I should have studied for my employment discrimination and tax finals. Hey, you got any spare change? I heard you're working for _____, you've got to be making 7 figures.

Random Lawyer: Get a Job, your revolution is over. My condolences, the bums lost.

4 comments:

ES said...

Seriously, why am I reading blogs instead of trying to figure out what the hell is up with the 5th and 6th Amendments and why the only opinions I can understand in my entire book are Scalia's dissents.

Elle Woods said...

Because we're pretty much the worst law students ever made.

Anonymous said...

Loans? I thought you were on a full scholarship?

Elle Woods said...

My tuition is covered, but I have to pay for my car, car insurance, credit cards, gas, alcohol, etc.