Monday, December 19, 2005

Quit Bugging Me!

(Warning this post contains graphic content involving insecticide).

I woke up around 9:30 this morning (after having gone to bed around 4:15) with a bit of a hangover. My stomach was turning, my head hurt, and to make matters worse last night I'd put my retainers/teeth whitening tray in so my teeth hurt and I had the taste of hydrogen peroxide in my mouth. I managed to slowly walk down the hall to my bathroom, take the retainers out, and brush my teeth. As I lifted my head to get a look at myself in the mirror my jaw dropped in shock and instinctively shrieked.

THE ENTIRE BOTTOM OF MY BATHTUB WAS COVERED WITH ANTS!!! SERIOUSLY, THE ENTIRE BOTTOM!!! Additionally, they were crawling up the sides, and all around the rim of the tub. (Unfortunately I wasn't thinking fast enough in my hungover haze to get a picture of any of this).

I used my quick thinking skills and turned on the water in an attempted to kill them in a biblical "40 Days and 40 Nights" sort of a way. Unfortunately, many of these ants were highly evolved, and survived the flood. So I ran upstairs to the supply cupboard and grabbed as many cans of bug killer as I could carry and COATED the tub with the ever so wonderful toxins. Here is what the scene looked like by the end:


Seriously, SICK! I know! I don't know what is grosser, all the ants that survived the flood or the amount of bug spray I used to kill them. (Sidenote: Ways to make a bad hangover worse-be in an enclosed space with a bunch of bug spray. For extra nausea add cleaning products to the mix.)

So needless to say I cleaned disinfected scrubbed my entire bathroom until my fingers bled. And then I had my brother come over and had help me nagged him while I made him caulk the entire tub (and the other 2 in the house) since it appeared that was how the ants got in there to begin with. I have no idea how all of sudden overnight they managed to overrun my entire bathtub, but they did and it was horrifying.

Fear not, all is well with my bathtub now:

2 comments:

Milbarge said...

Maybe you were so drunk there really weren't any ants at all...did you ever think of that? ;)

Elle Woods said...

Clearly there were ants, look at all those little black dots in this pic :)