Sunday, March 19, 2006

Talk Into My Good Ear!

It should come as a surprise to no one that I can't hear anything out of my right ear currently as a result of this. Lucky for me the pain has subsided and I'm no longer stuck on an airplane sitting next to a guy so big we couldn't put the armrest down. If you thought I was the type of person who likes being jammed into cramped spaces with sweaty strangers (since the auxillary power and thereby "air conditioning" wasn't working on our flight), you would be correct. It's even better when in addition to sharing my tiny seat with a sweaty stranger, said seat doesn't even recline since it's in the back row. Did you know the added benefit of the back row is also that everyone bumps you while they stand in line for the bathroom? That kept me nice and fresh for my 11:24 p.m. arrival at the airport, as well as my midnight departure for the 3 hour drive home.

You'd think you'd get to pay extra for amenities such as inability to use your armrest or recline your seat, bonus sweat from another person, and constant physical assault while the fasten seat belt sign is off; but they were as complimentary as the mini-pretzels and soda.

No comments: