Saturday, June 11, 2005

Dear Mother Nature,

I'm just writing to tell you that you win, I give up, I will be wearing my hair curly until you stop producing 90 degree days with humidity over 90%. The storm you sent last Sunday to kick off this ridiculous heat wave was also a nice touch. Leaving me without power for 60 hours, making it thereby impossible to straighten my hair (no blowdryer, flat iron or curling iron) and without air conditioning or fans which made it impractical. I'm still not sure how you've managed to prevent the air conditioning from functioning at work and at the lodge (really the only 2 places I spend any decent amount of time besides home), but that was a nice touch. The only place I get any sort of solace from the heat is my 10 minute car ride to and from work (I never used the air conditioner in my car before this heat wave but I just can't tolerate never having a cool environment).

The real kicker is that having straightened my hair over 99% of the time nobody actually thinks my curls are mine. Don, Burns and Darcy all made comments about me curling it last night. It's rather annoying since I hate my curly hair (and would straighten it if I had the energy to redo it 5 times a day) for people to accuse me of going out of my way to wear it like that.

The oddest part is that my little brother said something to me when we went out for lunch yesterday about curling my hair, my own little brother had no idea that in reality my hair is curly. (But this is the kid who thought when you sell plasma it is then used in plasma screen TVs so I don't know how smart he really is-prep school or not).

I guess it's not that bad, I can be ready to go in about 20 minutes now; plus the response seems to have been favorable. I'm just concerned that people are just saying it's nice to be polite. I guess it's a good summer/laid back hairdo. I'm just annoyed that I got a haircut last Saturday and I haven't even been able to see what it really looks like.

So if you could see fit to allow the temperature to drop to around 80 degrees with humidity under 80% for a couple days I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to wear my hair straight for just one day.

Best,
Legally Blonde

2 comments:

Moonlighting in Misery said...

He's your little brother. It has nothing to do with intelligence. It's just, well, he's your little brother . . .

Elle Woods said...

He also scored a 20 on the ACT, and while I didn't want to put that on the main page I feel safe putting it here. I also know he doesn't actually read my blog since "the entries are too long." Yet he seems to be able to read the playboy I subscribed him to for his 17th birthday (Yes I AM an awesome sister).